Jamaican Style Curry Vegetables
Hello everyone this will be the last episode for the community food club's first season. I'd like to thank all of you who have followed along and I hope you were able to learn about various cultures in our inner city.
The final episode will be posted on Friday, Aug. 27 on Youtube and we will be learning about Jamaican Style Curry vegetables.
Hosted by our special guest Tamika from Eadha Bread
1/2 - 1 Raw head of cabbage
1 Small bag of string green beans
1/2 A large white onion
4 Cloves of garlic
A small piece of fresh ginger
1/3 - 1/2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (substitute your favourite spicy pepper)
2/3 Can coconut milk
1 tbsp Thyme
1 tbsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
2 tbsp Yellow curry powder
2 tbsp Brown sugar
1 tbsp Black Pepper
3 tbsp salt or vegetable stock powder
Butter to grease pan
1. Wash all veggies.
2. Mince garlic, ginger and hot pepper(s).
3. Thinly slice cabbage, onion and carrots, cut string beans in half.
4. On medium heat butter pan and combine garlic, ginger, hot pepper, thyme until
5. Add spices and mix well.
6. Add carrots, about a tbsp of water, stir well and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10
7. Add string beans, about a tbsp of water, stir well and cover. Simmer for 10 min.
8. Add cabbage, onions and water, stir well, cover and let simmer for 5 min.
9. Add 1/2 - 2/3 a can of coconut milk, mix well, cover and let simmer for 10 min.
10.Fork out a small bite to sample for desired flavour, add seasons if needed.
11. Remove from heat, stir, then let stand for 10 min.
12.Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to our partners for making this happen!