Bosnian Djuvec Rice
Every other Friday we will be posting an online video and recipe for a different meal, looking at how to make it and the history behind it. Episodes are posted online on Youtube!
On Friday, Aug. 13th we'll be learning how to cook Bosnian Djuvec Rice.
Hosted by Amina Saran
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder optional
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- In a cast-iron skillet or a medium size pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, pepper, and carrot until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chopped tomatoes then cook for 5 more minutes stirring frequently.
- Mix in the rice, peas, paprika, and chili powder, if using. Next, add broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves before
Join the Club to get the video and recipe sent to your inbox
Check out our Youtube Channel for the episodes
Want a free box of ingredients for the recipe? Food boxes will be available each week for pickup at the Central Hub, while supplies last. Reach out to Melvin at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and reserve a box.
Thanks to our partners for making this happen!