The Abolitionist Trauma Recovery Workers List is now available for download here below!
What is an “Abolitionist Trauma Recovery Worker”? A mental or physical health worker that specializes in healing-centred recovery from trauma and believes in the abolition of policing services.
Who we are looking for:
Physical health: physical therapists, occupational therapists, osteopaths, massage therapists, body/energy workers, etc. Mental health: Psychologists, therapists, counsellors, peer workers, knowledge keepers, cultural healers, etc.
Providers’ information will be added to this resource and provided to those who have experienced police brutality and systemic violence. High priority for providers that offer sliding scale/no cost for low-barrier access.
All we need is the following!
1) Identify if Physical or Mental Health Provider -There is certainly cross-over for many fields but select the one that seems most applicable
2) Name, Credentials (if applicable), pronouns
3) Place of employment (address and/or if you do home visits)
4) Price Per Hour/Sliding Scale or Subsidy available
7) Website, if applicable
8) Any additional information you feel is relevant to potential clients/patients
For more information and to be added to the list, contact: Director@cnwpg.org